Shrapnel Valley, Gallipoli 26 April 1915 Today my heart is broken. My best friend passed away. It is so sad because he was so funny and made me laugh all the time. His name was James. When soldiers get wounded me and Duffy go up the steep hill and find them and bring them down to the beach. Then they go on the boat to Lemnos Island if they are badly hurt but sadly some of them die on the way there. The smell of blood is ground into my uniform. There are heaps of flies round my head. I can hear them buzzing and it is getting really annoying. When I am near the hospital I can hear moaning and groaning. I wish I was at home with my cat Sandy, stroking her warm fur safe in my cozy house. By Jordyn
We are learning to use directions. We can do this when we can give and follow directions using the points of a compass - North, South East and West. Room 2 went outside and did a treasure hunt in pairs. One person hid the treasure. They then had to give their partner instructions to find it. E.g 2 steps north... It was a fun way to practice what we had been learning in class. Our next learning step is to identify and use other directions such as north-east, south-west etc.
Oakland School Learner Qualities Be Self Aware (Excellence Value): SML tasks E Be self aware I know my learning goals. I know how I learn best. Think about and reflect on: How have I been managing my time with completing my SML Tasks? How well have I been completing them? Have I been completing my MUST Dos each week? Have I been organised enough to complete bonus tasks? What is my learning goal? IALT manage my time well so I complete all my “MUST Do” SML Tasks each week What has been going well? That we have more time to complete SML tasks now that we have a SML room with a teacher in there. What have I been learning to do to get the tasks done? Sit away from people that are a distraction so that I can focus. Which tasks have I completed well? Why? Reading, writing and maths follow up tasks because I have lots of time to complete them. Which tasks have been challenging? Why? 40 book challenge because i'm not tha...
Comments
Post a Comment